APPLICANT PORTAL TERMS OF SERVICE – PUBLIC HOUSING AUTHORITY
Applicant Portal is a tool for applicants to access online secure information
about applications that they have completed for housing assistance. Each
applicant is required to create an account with a user login and password for
the Applicant Portal. By activating the user account, applicants agree to abide
This access is a free service offered to all applicants that have applied for
Section 8 or Public Housing assistance. Information accuracy is the sole
responsibility of the applicant.
The Public Housing Authority (PHA) reserves the right to
discontinue the use of the Applicant Portal at any time. The Portal will be
piloted with limited functionality. The PHA reserves the right to add, modify
or delete functions viewed via the Portal at any time without notice.
Each applicant must agree to be bound by this Agreement. The PHA, at its sole
discretion, reserves the right to request that an applicant bring photo
identification in order to verify his/her identity, should any question arise
concerning the validity of the acceptance of this Agreement.
Applicants are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Applicants agree to act in a responsible, ethical, and legal manner.
2. Applicants will not attempt to harm or destroy the data on the portal.
3. Applicants will not attempt to access information concerning any applicant
or any account assigned any another person
other than themselves.
4. Applicants will not use the Portal for any illegal activity, including, but
not limited to, violation of Federal and State Data Privacy laws. Anyone found to be in violation of these laws
will be subject to civil and/or criminal prosecution.
5. Applicants who identify a security problem within the Portal must notify the
PHA immediately, without demonstrating the problem to anyone else.
6. Applicants will not share their password or allow anyone other than
themselves to use their Portal account.
7. Applicants will not set any computer to automatically log in to the Portal.
8. Applicants will log out of their Portal user account when they are not at
9. Applicants identified as a security risk will be denied access to the site.
The Public Housing Authority will use reasonable measures to
protect applicant information from unauthorized viewing. THE PHA WILL NOT BE
LIABLE FOR ANY UNAUTHORIZED USE OF THE SYSTEM OR THE INTERNET. The PHA does
not promise any particular level or method of access to the Portal for viewing
information. The PHA will not be responsible for actions taken by applicants which
compromise their information. The PHA reserves the right to limit or terminate
the Portal for viewing information without notice. All applicants who use the
portal to access their information consent to electronic monitoring and
understand that they are granted access to a private network used as a tool by PHA employees. All account activity is electronically recorded.